The Manor House
Luxury Group Accommodation for Conferences, Meetings
Meetings: 12 Board Room Style
Dines: Up to 18
Sleeps: 7 for Single Occupancy
Or: 13 for Twin Occupancy
Bedrooms All En-suite
Not Suitable for Reduced Mobility
The Manor House dates from the 17th century and is set at the heart of Eaton Manor Country Estate. It is set in an acre of walled gardens, therefore is extremely private, and offers a truly unique setting for your business group.
The house retains its original style, combining a wealth of interesting historic features such as timber framed walls, exposed oak floors, doors and beams and original flagstones, with modern luxuries and a well equipped kitchen.
The dining room has an enormous oak table which can seat:
- Up to 12 for meetings (board room style)
- Up to 18 for dining
There are seven bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, which can sleep:
- 7 for Single Occupancy
- Or: 13 for Twin Occupancy
The Master Bedroom boasts a Queen Anne-style mahogany four-poster bed and is not used for twin occupancy.
The Manor House, Eaton Manor, Eaton-under-Heywood, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 7DH.
Click here for location details.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
The Manor House
The Bedrooms (x7)
The Manor House has seven en-suite bedrooms, all individually decorated to preserve their character and each with their own TV.
Lower Ground Floor
- On the lower ground floor is the Brook Bedroom, which can be a double or twin bedroom, with en-suite shower room and which opens out directly into the garden.
- The Master Bedroom is situated on the ground floor and has a stunning 6ft four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom and views over the garden.
- There is also the Garden Bedroom, which can be a double or twin bedroom, with en-suite shower room and spectacular French doors leading out to the garden and glorious views down to the brook.
- Upstairs is the Terracotta Room, featuring exposed ceiling beams and original leaded windows which look out on to the garden. This room can be a double or twin bedroom and has an en-suite shower room.
- The Gold Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has rustic exposed walls, ceiling beams and beautiful views to the garden. It also has a shower en-suite
- The Wenlock Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has a en-suite shower room. It has dramatic views out to the Wenlock Edge.
- The Italian Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has a shower en-suite. It also looks out to the stunning Wenlock Edge.
The Bathrooms (x7)
The Manor House has recently been renovated to incorporate an en-suite with every bedroom.
Six of the en-suites have showers and one (with the Master Bedroom) has a bath with over-head shower.
The Reception Rooms
The rest of the house is well-appointed with plenty of room for guests to spread out.
- The entrance is via the conservatory, which is south-west facing with views of the Wenlock Edge, where deer can sometimes be seen grazing.
- The hall then leads to the dining room which is truly the centre of this great house and has a very welcoming feel. It is a grand, beamed room and can seat up to 18 around its huge handmade oak table – ideal for meals or meetings.
- The kitchen, complete with granite worktops, is modern and fully equipped with everything you need within a self catering manor house, including some cookery books for inspiration. There is an electric range cooker with two ovens, dishwasher, larder fridge, freezer, microwave and a washer/dryer.
- The sitting room is a large and beautiful room and is complete with original beams and a feature Victorian range, which was discovered bricked into the wall a few years ago. It is a warm, welcoming room with plenty of well appointed and comfortable seating as well as views out over the garden. For your entertainment there is a 42″ freeview television, DVD player, some board games and a large selection of books to read.
There is a radio/CD player with iPod dock in the house.
The Manor House garden is solely for the use of its guests, is nearly an acre in size and is enclosed and private. It has stunning views and the Eaton Brook (fenced off) runs along the bottom of the garden where trout and crayfish have been spotted.
- On the patio is a barbeque (please bring your own charcoal) and garden furniture, perfect for al fresco dining.
- There is a very large, shared, on-site games room on the estate and a huge playing field, both of which are just a short stroll from The Manor House.
- The plunge pool (open April to October) is a short walk from The Manor House, situated next to Pendennis (another of our properties), and is shared by guests of all our properties. It is 7m x 4m in size and is covered and heated, with a changing room next to it.
- Parking is no problem at The Manor House. There is parking for four cars on the gated private driveway and additional spaces are available on the Estate’s drive, which is a no-through road.
Please Note: Complimentary wi-fi is available in each property, as well as in the billiards & games room and banqueting room.