Group Accommodation for Conferences, Meetings
Meetings: 6 Board Room Style
Dines: Up to 10
Sleeps: 4 for Single Occupancy
Or: 8 for Twin Occupancy
Bedrooms All En-suite
Suitable for reduced mobility
Restored with traditional materials by master craftsmen, Curlew Cottage is a picturesque retreat at the heart of Eaton Manor Country Estate. It boasts 4 double or twin en-suite bedrooms and has beautiful and secluded gardens.
Inside, the combination of rustic detailing and comfortable furnishings create a relaxing atmosphere, while outside, the cottage is set in spacious gardens running down to the Eaton Brook, with a sunny patio perfect for alfresco meetings or dining.
The dining room has an oak table which can seat:
- Up to 6 for meetings (board room style)
- Up to 10 for dining
There are four bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, which can sleep:
- 4 for Single Occupancy
- Or: 8 for Twin Occupancy
All of the bedrooms can be either twins or 6ft doubles.
Curlew Cottage is:
- Graded by National Accessible Scheme as Mobility 1, suitable for reduced mobility.
Curlew Cottage, Eaton Manor, Eaton-under-Heywood, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 7DH.
Click here for location details.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Curlew Cottage – Property Features
The Bedrooms (x4)
Curlew Cottage offers accommodation for 8 people in 4 flexible and adaptable bedrooms.
Each room is beautifully colour co-ordinated with traditional atmospheric oak flooring, TV and an en-suite bath / shower room.
The rooms can all be set with 6ft double or two single beds, depending on requirements.
The Bathrooms (x4)
All the bathrooms are en-suite.
Three of the four bathrooms are en-suite shower rooms, while the fourth is the main bathroom with bath and overhead shower.
The Reception Rooms
The focal point of the cottage is the large dining room with a panelled herringbone brick wall, French windows looking out to the gardens and a solid oak table made by local craftsmen, using oak from the estate, which is ideal for dining or having a meeting.
Just off the dining room is the modern, spacious and well-equipped kitchen, complete with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer dryer.
The sitting room is no less inviting than the dining room, with plenty of sofas, oak flooring, brick and oak walls and French windows with idyllic views to the garden. It’s the perfect room in which to sit and relax in the evening and watch the sun setting over the valley or to hold an informal meeting.
The garden at Curlew Cottage is large, private and enclosed and has a flat lawn which stretches down to the Eaton Brook. This is ideal for reception drinks if required.
- On the patio is a barbeque (please bring your own charcoal) and garden furniture, perfect for al fresco dining.
- There is a very large, shared, on-site games room on the estate and a huge playing field, both of which are just a short stroll from Curlew Cottage.
- The plunge pool (open April to October) is also just a short walk away, situated next to Pendennis (another of our properties), and is shared by guests of all our properties. It is 7m x 4m in size and is covered and heated, with a changing room next to it.
- There is plenty of safe parking for at least 4 cars at Curlew Cottage.
Please Note: Complimentary wi-fi is available in each property, as well as in the billiards & games room and banqueting room.