Test your taste buds with wine tasting experts during your stay
At Eaton Manor
We work with Jonathan Hislop, a local wine expert, who has been involved in wine education for over 25 years, escorting groups on wine tours to Europe and is widely travelled throughout the wine regions. He has worked with top chefs to match wine and food, consults on various wine matters in England and France and is a Judge for English and Welsh wines.
He was a finalist in the Master of Wine Examinations and is currently working with the National Trust Cookery School teaching wine and food tasting courses.
With huge enthusiasm, knowledge and fun but absolutely no pomp, Jonathan will lead your group through the world of wines and you will come away with ideas and knowledge for your future journeys into wine.
Wine tasting themes and ideas:
- “The World of Fizz” – a tasting of sparkling wines from around the world – ideal for a special celebration
- Exploring the classic wine regions of Europe eg. Rioja, Tuscany, Southern Rhone, Loire, Moselle
- Exploring the classic New World Wines eg. New Zealand, Chile, South Africa, Australia & Argentina
- Guess the wines – test your knowledge with a blind tasting quiz
- Classic red wines – know your burgundy from your claret
- Classic white wines – oaked or unoaked – what is your preference?
- Exploring Sherry – from Fino to Oloroso
- Investigating Port (6 ports) – what makes a good vintage?
- A tasting of English and Welsh wines – how important is climate?
- Exploration of grape varieties – examining the characteristics and nuances that different varieties bring to wine.
Tastings of fine wines such as Bordeaux and Burgundy can also be arranged.
In general, each wine tasting session will last 2 hours, have 8 good quality wines (apart from Port where there will be 6 wines), water biscuits, tasting notes and supported by a digital photographic presentation.
For more information and to book please contact us.
Kerry Vale Vineyard is a small, family run, English vineyard situated on the Welsh / English border of rural Shropshire.
They run wine tasting and vineyard tours for groups of all sizes.
Kerry Vale is approximately 35 minutes from Eaton Manor.